Last update: 27. 3. 2017 12:45:39
Created: 5. 5. 2011 8:22:36
Calendar of Events
11. 5. 2011
Dies academicus 2011Traditional celebratory meeting of the academic community where awards and honorary mentions will be given by MU Rector.
10.00 am FORMAL OPENING
Speech of the MU Rector
Speech of the Chairman of the MU Academic Senate
Speech of the Chairman of the Student't Chamber of the MU Academic Senate
Speech of the representative of the South
Speech of the representative of the city of Brno
11.00 am AWARD-GIVING BY THE RECTOR OF MU
11.30 am ADDRESS BY THE HOLDER OF THE RECTOR'S AWARD FROM 2010
Address by Prof. Jan Slovák, the holder of the Rector's
Award for Outstanding Creative Activity,
with the title Who knows Mathematics?
11.45 am CULTURAL PROGRAMME
noon CLOSING CEREMONY
Admission to the morning Dies academicus programme free.
Sabatical given by rector for the Dies academicus day.
Evening Dies academicus programme - concert of COLLEGIUM MUSICUM, to be held in the Faculty of Social Studies atrium.
1. P. Mascagni: Cavalleria rusticana
2. A. Vivaldi: Concerto No. 4 in F minor, Op. 8, "Winter"
3. J. Massenet: Meditation from Thais
4. J. Mysliveček: Sinfonia in C major
5. J. K. Vaňhal: Mottetto ex b de Beata Maria Virgine
6. W.A. Mozart: Concerto for French Horn and Orchestra E Flat Major,
7. L. Janáček: Suite for Strings, movements 3, 4, 5, 6
Helena Macháčková - flute, Veronika Holíková - violin,
Doubravka Součková - soprano, Radek Vavřín - french horn
Miloš Šmerda, Miroslav Tesař
Admission to the concert free, seats limited.
morning programme - Assembly Hall of MU, Faculty of Law, Veveří 70, Brno