Category Archives: 6th year
Obstetrics and Gynaecology:
1) Llewellyn-Jones Fundamentals of Obstetrics and Gynaecology by Jeremy N. Oats and Suzanne Abraham, 8th ed (2004); ISBN: 0723433291
2) Essential Obstetrics and Gynaecology by E.Malcolm Symonds, 4th ed (2003); ISBN: 0443071470
1) Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics by Robert M. Kliegman, Richard E. Behrman, Hal B. Jenson and Bonita M.D. Stanton, 18th ed; ISBN: 1416024506
2) NMS Pediatrics (National Medical Series for Independent Study) by Paul H. Dworkin, 5th revised ed (2008); ISBN: 0781770750
1) Essentials of General Surgery by Richard M. Bell and Merril T. Dayton, 4th ed (2005); ISBN: 0781750032
2) Clinical Surgery by Michael M. Henry and Jeremy N. Thompson, 2nd ed (2004); ISBN: 0702027197
3) Sabiston Textbook of Surgery by Courtney M. Townsend Jr, R. Daniel Beauchamp, 18th ed (2007); ISBN: 141603675X
4) Bailey and Love’s Short Practice of Surgery by Norman S. Williams, Christopher J.K. Bulstrode and P. Ronan O’Connell, 25th ed (2008); ISBN: 034093932X
1) Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine by Nicki R. Colledge, Brian R. Walker, 21st ed (2010); ISBN: 0702030856
2) Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine by Praveen Kumar and Michael L. Clark, 7th ed (2009); ISBN: 0702029939
3) Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine by Murray Longmore, 8th ed (2010); ISBN: 0199232172
1) Information given by the teacher
2) Other internet resources, e.g. WHO website
NMS (National Medicine Series) Books - useful for all subjects!
The 6th year consists of Pre-graduation Training, meaning that you will spend most of your time in hospitals.
Surgery (Pre-grad. practice), Paediatrics (Pre-grad. practice), Internal Medicine (Pre-grad. practice), Public Health, Family Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynaecology.