Category Archives: Vila Tugendhat
The jewel of functionalism is situated in the Cerna pole quarter. It was created byfamous architect Ludwig Miese van den Rohe for Mr and Mrs Tuggendhat in 1928.Because of their Jewish origin, they had to escape and the house was used by WillyMesserschmidt, a German aircraft engineer. After the second World War, Red armyruined almost the whole interior. After the Velvet revolution, the house wasreconstructed and in 2001 his importance was declared by its inclusion in UNESCOpatrimony.