Art Competition da MEDici
The Medical Students’ Association (Spolek mediků), the Brno branch of IFMSA CZ and MIMSA together with the Faculty of Medicine of MU announce an ART COMPETITION da MEDici for all students, alumni and employess of the Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University. Thirteen winning artworks will be featured in the wall calendar of the Faculty for the year 2022 or used for further promotion of the Faculty.
We connect the talent and efforts of its students and graduates, Czech and International, from all study programmes. In these challenging times, we want to divert attention from everyday stress, worries and studying, at least a little. We include in the competition our employees too!
Therefore, we would like to invite all our students, graduates and employees to participate in the da MEDici Art Competition, which is organised by the Medical Students’ Association, IFMSA CZ Brno and MIMSA in close cooperation with the Faculty.
The artwork submissions will make one of the corridors on campus more attractive and will delight the eyes of passers-by, starting from June. And since it is a competition, we will also launch voting, so the 13 best works can be chosen. These will then be featured in the wall calendar of the FM MU for the year 2022. The work with the highest number of votes will be featured on the title page.
During the Advent time, selected works will also serve as auction items. We will divide all the funds obtained in this way into selected charitable events, whether for the construction of the Memorial for Body Donors or a specific charitable cause selected later. The reward for the chosen artists will also be the knowledge that their works may become a model for the newly emerging promotional materials of the Faculty, such as a limited collection of T-shirts and other items.
So how can you get involved as an artist?
Portray any topic related to your field of study at the Faculty of Medicine, including experiences from internships, on canvas or paper. There are no limits to imagination and creativity. Please submit a short annotation with the work, containing for example: what you have created and why, who you are, what areas you want to focus on in the future, or you already focus on. You can also send us your favourite quote, feelings during the creation of the work, simply anything that gives us a better idea of your work.
We look forward to seeing you and your works!
Who can participate and how?
- All of you, those who are students or graduates of the Faculty of Medicine of MU.
- Deliver your original artwork to us within the given period, the original will then stay with us.
- The theme of the artwork should be related to your studies at FM MU.
- The format of the artwork should be A4 to A3.
- You can submit a maximum of 2 pieces of your artwork.
- Attach a title and short story of origin to the artwork.
Deliver your artworks to us no later than 31st August 2021. You can deliver them:
- By post, to the address: Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Office for Strategy and Public Relations (OSVV) FM MU, Jana Dvořáková, Kamenice 753/5, 625 00 Brno
- By submitting it to:
- The mailroom in Kamenice 5, during the office hours of the mailroom: Monday – Friday 9.00–10.30 and 13.00–14.30. The envelope containing the artwork must be marked with: Office for Strategy and Public Relations (OSVV) FM MU, Jana Dvořáková, Kamenice 753/5
- The reception at Komenského náměstí, in an envelope, marked: Office for Strategy and Public Relations (OSVV) of the Medical Faculty of MU, Jana Dvořáková, Kamenice 5
- Personal delivery by prior arrangement with Jana Dvořáková (see contacts)
- Personal handover to selected students of the Medical Student’s Association (see contacts)
- Personal handover to selected students of IFMSA CZ Brno (see contacts)
- Personal handover to selected MIMSA students (see contacts)
Terms of the Competition da MEDici
- The da MEDici competition is organised by Masaryk University, Žerotínovo nám. 617/9, 601 77 Brno, IČ: 00216224, DIČ: CZ00216224, Faculty of Medicine, with its main office at Kamenice 753/5, 625 00 Brno.
- This competition is intended for students and graduates of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University (hereinafter referred to as "FM MU").
- The main goal of the competition is to select the 13 best works of art (hereinafter referred to as "work"), which will be used in a calendar representing the Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University.
- Each participant in the competition may enter a maximum of two works in the competition, in a format of A4 to A3.
- Entering the competition shall mean the submission of the work from 1st April 2021 to 31st August 2021 to the Office for Strategy and Public Relations of the Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, room A16 / 128 in the premises of University Campus Bohunice and in Delivery methods (see above)
- The winning works will be chosen by the public, by voting on the website of the Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University from 14th October 2021 to 31th October 2021. In case the voting ends in a tie, the organiser will decide on the winner. It is not possible to appeal against the results of the competition.
- By submitting their work, the participant in the competition also honestly declares that they are the author of the submitted work and that they are therefore entitled to this copyrighted work in the sense of Act No. 121/2000 Coll., as amended (Copyright Act), to fully handle and grant the FM MU competition consent to its use to the extent corresponding to its purpose, its content and objectives of the competition, especially to promote the FM MU and its workplaces. The work must not infringe the copyrights and personal rights of third parties. By entering the work in the competition, the contestant also grants the FM MU a consent (license) for the free use of the work, in all known ways, in the Czech Republic and abroad, without restrictions of quantity, for the entire duration of copyright to their work. In particular, on the basis of this consent, the organiser is entitled to publish the work and communicate it to the public in an intangible form in accordance with the provisions of § 18 et seq. of the Copyright Act, including making the work accessible in such a way that anyone can have access to it at the place and time of their choice (provisions of § 18 para. 2 of the Copyright Act), as well as by reproducing the work for that purpose to an unlimited extent by publishing it, i.e. distribution within the meaning of § 14 of the Copyright Act in a periodical or non-periodical publication, to any extent (cost), as well as reproduction within the meaning of § 13 of the Copyright Act to an unlimited extent for such publication (distribution) and exhibit and sell the work. The organiser is entitled to grant a license to use the work without further ado to the same extent to third parties. By submitting the work, the contestant confirms that they agree without reservations with the conditions stated in these competition rules. The original work and any modifications or adaptations thereof may be used by the organiser in the promotion of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University, especially in the creation of promotional items. 13 selected works will be used for the making of a calendar.
- In connection with the competition, only the first name of the participant, year and field of study will be mentioned, or the participant will not be mentioned at all.
- Participants whose works will be used for commercial purposes (sale of calendars, sale of promotional items) will not receive any financial compensation, reward or another benefit as a result of the use of their work.
- By entering the competition, the participant of the competition also agrees that the original submission will be auctioned off and sold by the organisers and the proceeds from the work will be used for charitable purposes. The participant hereby waives the right to proceeds from the auction of their work.
- Each participant in the competition must pay all costs incurred in connection with participation in the competition.
- The participant in the competition grants FM MU consent to the processing of the following personal data: name and surname; year and field of study.
- Name, surname, year and field of study can be processed on the basis of the granted consent and must be processed for the purpose of organisation and evaluation of the competition. This data will be processed by the Administrator for the duration and evaluation of the competition.
- By submitting the work to the competition, the participant acknowledges that the Faculty of Medicine, as the administrator of personal data, will process the personal data provided by the participant in the extent of name, surname, year and field of study. Without providing this information, the participant cannot be registered in the competition.
- By participating in the competition, the participant acknowledges that personal data provided by them is processed by the Faculty of Medicine MU using Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the EU from 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and Act 110/2019 Coll., on the processing of personal data, as amended. Personal data that the Faculty of Medicine MU collects about participants will not be provided to any third party, except in cases and for purposes where this obligation is required by law.