Nové trendy v přístupu k léčbě diabetu 2.typu – postřehy a benefity v ambulantní praxi diabetologa

Title in English New trends in the approach to the treatment of type 2 diabetes - observations and benefits in the outpatient practice of a diabetologist


Year of publication 2021
Type Article in Periodical
Magazine / Source Klinická farmakologie a farmacie
MU Faculty or unit

Faculty of Medicine

Keywords Type 2 diabetes; gliptins; gliflozins; incretin mimetics; trends in changes in approach to therapy
Description Introduction: Type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2T) constitutes an increased risk of developing micro- and macroangiopathic complications. New antidiabetics have higher efficacy and safety, fewer side effects and a number of protective characteristics of use in many ways. Patients and methods: In the years 2011-2021, about 2000 DM2Ts were permanently treated in our diabetological surgery. In 2021 it was a total of 2,562 of all registered diabetics. Of this number, there were 2,398 cases of T2DM (1,203 men and 1,195 women). A total of 2110 type 2 diabetics (88%) of a mean age of 69.7 ± 11.6 years were treated with antidiabetic drugs, incretin mimetics or insulin in 2021. In the cohort, we analyzed regarding the use of new antidiabetics (NAD): age, diabetes duration, obesity, comorbidities, number of drugs used and diabetic complications, in particular to evaluate the increase in NAD use between 2011-2021. Results: In 2021 in our diabetological outpatient clinic of patients with DM2T we used: diabetic diet only 12%; oral antidiabetics (PAD) 53%; monotherapy with insulin or insulin analogues 17% and a combination of insulin and PAD (18%). NAD (gliptins, gliflozins and incretin mimetics) were used either within monotherapy or in combination in patients with DM2T in 2021 in a total of 35%. Our retrospective data analysis showed a steady trend in increasing the use of NAD (most gliptins) both as monotherapy and in combination with metformin. Thanks to new treatment options, we have also seen a significant improvement in the compensation of type 2 diabetics. Conclusion: Our communication points to a massive shift and change in approach to DM2T therapy in the last decade in routine outpatient practice in the use of NAD, which is undoubtedly related to their benefits for the cardiovascular and renal systems.
Related projects:

You are running an old browser version. We recommend updating your browser to its latest version.

More info