Teaching and training
Evidence-Based Clinical Fellowship Program (EBCFP) is a globally unique and comprehensive program focused on the implementation of the best available scientific evidence into healthcare practice and its practical realization.
EBCFP is designed especially for clinicians and other professionals like managers, policy makers, and quality managers in all areas in healthcare.
You should not miss this program, if:
- you believe in the learning process in small groups
- you want to learn, how to transfer the best available scientific evidence into practice and how to change the healthcare practice in your environment to be more efficient.
EBCFP aims to enable participants to explore strategies to promote evidence utilization and to collaboratively develop understandings related to clinical leadership and change management in healthcare.
The program objectives are:
- Basic principles of clinical leadership necessary for “change in practice”, including identification of your own strengths and weaknesses as leader and also your team members; which is related to support and further development of their strengths.
- Current approaches to the implementation of the best available evidence.
- Critique of the current implementation strategies.
- “Act as an agent for change”.
- Conduction of clinical audit.
- Creation and practical application of implementation strategies in healthcare.
- Practical creation of your own implementation project and preparation of its report for publication in The JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports“..
- Use of the clinical software PACES for clinical audit and GRiP process (“Getting Research into Practice” process).
This program is combination of theoretical sessions with practical parts allowing to in addition increase and train your knowledge and practical skills in searching for the best available evidence and publication skills.
The EBCFP is a six-month work place, evidence-based, implementation program involving 2x five-day intensive training workshops. In the first part of the program, you start to work on the implementation project, followed by six months for its realization in your work-place. During this time, you can use sources (consultations, librarians, software, study materials, etc.) of the Czech centre of EBHC. The second part of the program will be more practical focused on finishing the implementation project.
Each participant will develop and implement a strategy of implementation of evidence-based practice (Best Practice Implementation Project).
Expected professional outcomes and benefits of the program
Participants who complete EBCFP will be able to implement the best available evidence and thereby change the healthcare practice in their own workplace through processes of clinical leadership.
EBCFP is certified by the Joanna Briggs Institute which is the global leader in Evidence-Based Healthcare.
Participants who complete EBCFP will be admitted as Clinical Fellows of the Joanna Briggs Institute and become part of the JBI Alumni Association, a global network of clinical leaders and clinical fellows focused on dissemination, transfer, and utilization of the scientific evidence into practice.