- The Doctoral (i.e., Postgraduate) Studies (henceforth "DS") provided at this Faculty have been running in agreement with the "Rules for Studies and Examinations of Masaryk University in Brno" in the accredited programmes. The standard duration of the full-time form of the study is 4 years.
- Every year, conditions and topics for DS programmes accredited at this Faculty are officially announced, particularly with respect to the capacity of supervisors and the running research projects (grants). In practice, this means that for a given academic year no admission procedure need be announced for some of the programmes. The admission conditions and topics of doctoral theses for individual programmes are updated every year in agreement with the requirements of the DS programme councils.
The necessary condition for foreign students is the document about Recognition of the Diploma as the equivalent of the Diploma in the Czech Republic.
- The announcement of topics at the request of students is possible after consultation with the respective possible supervisor and subsequent approval granted by the DS Programme Council.
For the combined form of study (part-time study), the topics are formulated as a rule only upon preliminary direct contact of the candidate with the respective possible supervisor.
- Until the respective DS programme councils have submitted their requirements for the official announcement of the admission process, no up-to-date specific information may be provided, except a recommendation that the candidates should express their interest personally with the respective heads of Institutes and Departments of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University.
- The admission process for the DS for the following academic year is officially announced after the DS programme council requirements have been negotiated and approved in the Dean's Board always at the beginning of March, with the deadline for submission of applications on 30 April at the latest. Specific information concerning the conditions of admission, topics of doctoral theses in the individual programmes, and including a list of the necessary documents is published during this time at the Faculty's official notice board, or under the link Admission process for Doctoral Studies-Scholarship Positions (Czech version). Applications have to be submitted in electronic form through Information system (Attachments must be sent in the ordinary post to the Dean's Office so that receipt can be confirmed).
- Admission interviews take place once a year: oral interviews take place around June.
- There are no unified curricula available for the individual DS programmes and specialisations because professional instruction is provided based on individual study schedules with respect to the topics resolved and the scientific aptitude of the students.
- Foreign nationals cover the costs of English language studies with an amount of EUR 2.000 per year according to the respective programme's demands; the costs for boarding and accommodation, bursary, and the like, are not included in this sum and will be resolved separately based on an agreement. The prerequisite is recognition of the university degree certificate (to be settled by the Office for Studies, Masaryk University in Brno). Although doctoral studies at this Faculty can be pursued in the English language, students at clinical institutions must, for the reason of communication with patients, to possess a basic knowledge of Czech and obtain a work permit, which cannot be provided by the Faculty. Contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic if necessary