- Person-Related Identification Information
- Dr. Manlio Vinciguerra, PhD, born May 5th, 1976, Catania, Italy.
- Department of Histology and Embryology
- Employment - Position
- Assistant Professor
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- Jan 2001 – Dec 2004 PhD, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Geneva Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland. PhD awarded on September 23rd 2004 with full marks. 2001 MSc, University of Geneva Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland. Oct 1999 – Oct 2000 Laboratory training at the Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Catania, Italy. Sept 1994 - July 1999 Degree in Biomedical Sciences, with full marks (110/110 cum laude) at the University of Catania, Italy. Experimental work carried out at St. Radboud Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands. July 1994 High school diploma (science), Catania, Italy.
- CURRENT POSITIONS 2017 - current Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic. 2017 - current Principal Investigator, Cardiovision Brno 2030, International Clinical Research Center, Brno, Czech Republic. 2016 - current Principal Investigator, Center for Translational Medicine, International Clinical Research Center, Brno, Czech Republic. PAST POSITIONS 2013 - 2016 Principal Research Associate, Institute for Liver and Digestive Health, University College London, London, UK. 2015 - 2016 Reader, School of Science and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK. 2011 - 2013 Principal Investigator, Institute of Hepatology, Foundation for Liver Research, London, UK. 2008 - 2011 Post-Doctoral Fellow, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Italy - Germany. 2005 – 2008 Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Geneva Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Awards Related to Science and Research
- 2016 South Moravian Program for Distinguished Researchers (SoMoPro) (declined) 2016 UCL - Santander (Brazil) Travel Grant 2014 UCL - Santander (Brazil) Travel Grant 2012 United European Gastroenterology Week (UEGW) Travel Grant 2011 French Foundation for Medical Research (FRM) fellowship (declined). 2011 Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Assistant Professorship (finalist). 2008 EMBL Interdisciplinary POst-Doctoral (EIPOD) fellowship. 2006 EASL Young Investigator Travel Bursary. 2005 Post-doctoral fellowship funded by Swiss National Fund for Research (CH). 2005 Post-doctoral stage funded by Telethon (IT). 2002 Fondation Ernst and Louise Schmidheiny travel bursaries (CH). 2001 PhD fellowship funded by Swiss National Fund for Research (CH). 1998 Socrates fellowship (European Union).