ERC Starting Grants
On 17 July 2019, the European Research Council launched a call for ERC Starting Grants. The call aims to support independent careers of outstanding young scientists in the phase of creating their independent research teams or programmes. The call is open to all researchers who received their PhD between 2–7 years prior to 1 January 2020.
Grant scheme:3rd ERC 2020 work programme
Launched by: European Research Council
Grant type: ERC Starting Grants (ERC STG)
ERC STG objectives
- The call aims to support independent careers of outstanding young scientists in the phase of creating their independent research teams or programmes.
- The researcher must demonstrate in the proposal a completely new revolutionary idea of research, as well as their ambition and the way of conducting their research.
ERC common priorities
- Open access to research outputs and data (Open Access)
- Gender balance and ensuring equal opportunities between men and women (Gender Balance)
- Research ethics according to effective national and EU standards
- The integrity of research to maintain trust between the scientific community and society
Call allocation: EUR 677,000,000 (expected number of supported grants 455)
Eligible expenditure: Max. up to EUR 1.5 million
Project realization: 5 years
Deadline: 16 October 2019
Announcement of evaluation: 20 May 2020 (assumed)
- Principal Investigators (PI) and their research teams
- An investigator who obtained their PhD between 2–7 years prior to 1 January 2020, i.e. the PhD degree was awarded between 1 January 2013 and 31 December 2017
- The workload of an investigator on the ERC grant should be MIN. 0.5
- The researcher can only participate in one ERC project as a PI.
- The researcher should demonstrate sufficient scientific results appropriate to the field and career level
- The researcher should select the most appropriate ERC panel (primary evaluation panel) in their application for subsequent evaluation of the submitted grant
- Regarding medical research, the Life Sciences panel is relevant (see Annex 1 to the current ERC work programme for details)
The grant science foundation (GACR) has launched a call for proposals for luxembourg-czech projects
New LA call with foreign agency as "Lead Agency"
7 proposals will be supported by GAČR at the Faculty of Medicine from 2023
The Grant Agency of the Czech Republic (GAČR) will support 7 projects of FM MU investigators.
Results of the GAMU - Career Restart 2023 call
The Grant Agency of Masaryk University has announced the results of the Career Restart 2023 call. Applications were open from 1 September to 15 October 2022. Selected applicants will receive the funding of CZK 500,000 per year for 2 years.
Announcement of results of Internal grant agency calls: Start – up and Accelerate
The Internal grant agency of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University has announced the results of the Start-up and Accelerate calls with implementation start on 1st January 2023.