The programme is aimed at supporting the projects of applied health research, development and innovation, i.e. projects designed to get new knowledge directed towards a specific, predetermined practical goal with the expected application of the results in healthcare. The programme is divided into three sub-programmes:
- Sub-programme 1 - development of the existing platform of applied health research in the Czech Republic with a focus on improving the conditions for the development of international cooperation.
- Sub-programme 2 - support of the development of young researchers who are no older than 35 years at the time of submitting of the project proposal (the Ph.D. degree must be obtained no later than before the conclusion of the contract)
- Sub-programme 3 - Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on healthcare in the Czech Republic, more information here
The key areas of the programme are:
- Disease emergence and development
- New diagnostic and therapeutic methods
- Epidemiology and prevention of the most serious diseases
The Programme will launch 4 calls with support provided in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. The maximum funding allowed by the grant authority is 100 % for research organisations. Participants in the project can be both research organisations and enterprises.
GACR is the only institution in the Czech Republic that provides public funding exclusively for basic research projects. GACR provides financial support for both experienced as well as young and early-stage researchers on the basis of calls for proposals.
Besides national projects GACR also supports international projects.
More details to be found here.
LA grants - GA ČR as a partner organisation (deadline according to foreign agencies - currently it is still possible to submit project proposals in cooperation with the German agency DFG/interim call, the Austrian agency FWF/interim call, the American agency NSF/interim call and the Swiss agency SNSF/deadline 1 October 2022 for the Czech Republic)
- USA - National Science Foundation (NSF) - continuous call
- Austria - Austrian Science Fund (FWF) - continuous call
- Germany - German Research Foundation (DFG)- continuous call
- Switzerland - Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)- current deadline until 1st October 2022
Rules for submission of project proposals and forms of affidavits to demonstrate eligibility can be found in the Call Document and in Terms and Conditions for International Grant Projects Evaluated by Lead Agency – GACR is Partner Agency
INTER-ACTION ČR – USA
The Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports has launched a call for bilateral cooperation between the Czech Republic and the USA in the categories of basic research, industrial research and experimental development in all scientific fields.
- Project proposal submission deadline: 25 July 2022
- Deadline for delivery of the signature page to Rector´s office: 18.07.2022 at the latest
- Start of the project: March 2023
- Duration of the project: 3 - 5 years
- No maximum support per project
- The applicant from the Czech Republic can be a research organisation, small, medium or large enterprise; the other participant on the Czech side can be a research organisation, small, medium or large enterprise
- The project proposal shall be prepared in Czech language